top of page


Josiah Flores
Josiah Flores

Assurance About What We Don’t (yet) see

No, it means there are questions or issues that must be addressed before your unemployment insurance claim can be cleared for payment or denied. During the adjudication process, we will make a determination about your claim based on the current information we have, which includes information we receive from your answers to these additional questions, your previous employer and even other sources. In some cases, we will make a determination after we have talked with you in a telephone interview.

Assurance about what we don’t (yet) see


You may be instructed to provide information regarding your eligibility. If you have any questions about how to use the system, first review the frequently asked questions. If you cannot find the answer there, please contact the Unemployment Contact Center.

You can obtain information concerning the status of your claim anytime online by selecting the CHECK YOUR CLAIM STATUS option, or by selecting option "1" through the weekly claim phone line. You will be able to get information about:

Your PIN must be four-digits long. Do not use repeated numbers like 1111 or numbers in a sequence like 1234. Your PIN identifies you to the system. Your PIN, along with your Social Security number, is your electronic signature. This helps prevent another person from obtaining information about your claim or claiming your unemployment benefits.

Adjudication is the process we use to resolve questions. We will call to gather more information about an unemployment insurance claim. Your claim may go to adjudication if there are questions about why you left your job, or are meeting other eligibility requirements. During adjudication, we will make a determination about your claim based on the current information we have, additional information we receive from you, your previous employer and even other sources.

In broad terms, a claim goes to adjudication if it raises questions about why you left your job, or your eligibility for benefits. For example, if you said on your application that you were fired from your job, we'll need to find out more about those circumstances before we can decide if you're qualified for benefits. All reasons other than lack of work (layoffs) will trigger adjudication. (These include getting fired, quitting, taking a leave of absence and or being involved in a labor dispute.) There are a number of eligibility factors that will also trigger adjudication.

We may call to ask you questions about your claim, or we may mail you a form and ask you to send in more information explaining the circumstances. (If you're filing online, we'll provide this form for you to complete right away and mail or fax, so we have that information in our system to make a determination or follow-up with a call.

This phone call is important! If you miss the first call, we will not make a second attempt to contact you. If we are not able to connect during that time, we have to make a decision about your eligibility or separation based on the information we have.

We'll send you a letter of determination that says you've been approved for unemployment benefits or explains why we've denied your claim. If we deny your claim, the letter includes information about how to appeal and where to send your appeal. If you are denied and you decide to file an appeal, you'll get a copy of all the documentation we used to make our decision. During your appeal, you should continue to file weekly claims as long as you remain unemployed.

The 1099-G, Statement for Recipients of Certain Government Payments, is the government income tax form, used to provide a receipt of government income in the last year. This includes individuals who received state unemployment, a state income tax refund, and other government provided income. For more information about what other government provided income may be included, please visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 1099-G Form website.

When you access your account at for the first time, you will be prompted to change your password. Once registered with KANSASWORKS, you are in control of your job search. The services provided through KANSASWORKS can help you by providing information about job openings and other resources to help you find employment.

Generally, when your debt is more than 90 days delinquent. KDOL must determine that your debt is valid and collection is legally enforceable. KDOL will send you a Notice of Intent to Offset letter about your debt and provide you with the opportunity to resolve or dispute your debt within 60 days. After 60 days, your debt will be submitted to the TOP for collection.

The FMS Treasury Offset Program staff is available to help you understand the process, including what you need to do next. They cannot arrange for you to pay off your debt, tell you how much you owe or refund your money. They can tell you whom to call. They will not tell anyone but you about your debts and the amount that was offset.

"The financial reporting world has been evolving over 90 years or so, and I think there's this expectation that we need to get this reporting squared away in 90 weeks," said Kristin Sterling, an EY partner in the firm's Climate Change & Sustainability Services who serves on the AICPA Assurance Services Executive Committee Sustainability Task Force. "I think overall there's a little bit of grace that we have to give ourselves collectively, but certainly being transparent about it through your disclosures and your reporting about the assumptions and estimates that you have made is really, really key so that users can understand the information and its limitations. And it is expected that it will improve over time and that things will change."

Sheryl Burke, chief sustainability officer and senior vice president of corporate social responsbility at CVS Health, encouraged those soon to be charged with delivering ESG data to make sure the pursuit of perfection doesn't deter the pursuit altogether. While many ESG-related disclosures aren't yet required, her company is among many being proactive about reporting.

To be eligible for Federal financial aid, males who were born on or after January 1, 1960, are between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, and not currently on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces must register with the Selective Service. For further information about exemptions to this requirement visit

Yes, the University provides an academic support system to help you succeed in making the transition to college life and succeed in your classes. You will be offered excellent resources to help you, such as career counseling, faculty/staff mentors, peer mentors and advisors. For more information on the program expectations please visit

Students may appeal a decision about the Arizona Assurance Program funding by submitting the Arizona Assurance Program Funding Appeal Form, a personal statement and any supporting documentation to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA). Your appeal will be reviewed by the Arizona Assurance Program Appeal Committee.

If you are considering participating in one of these programs, it is strongly recommended that you visit the Study Abroad webpage and contact their office for additional information. You can also learn more about the types of financial aid that may be available to use for Study Abroad by clicking here.

Unless you complete 60% of the term in which federal aid was awarded, you will be required to return all or part of the financial aid released to your Bursar's student account for that term. This applies to students who have officially (including medical), or unofficially withdrawn. Complete withdrawals will also affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status. For more information about how a withdrawal affects financial aid, you may visit our withdrawal policy webpage.

You should submit the information of the parent who provided the most financial support during the last 12 months or during the most recent year that you were supported by a parent. Support includes money, housing, food, clothes, car, medical and dental care, payment of college costs, etc. Also, if the parent described above is married or remarried as of the date you completed the FAFSA, you must include the financial information about your step-parent.

You can make corrections indicating that you have a child by going to and selecting "Make FAFSA Corrections". If you have childcare expenses, you may want to contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and request a Cost of Attendance appeal. Learn more about the Cost of Attendance appeal.

In addition, your tribe may have their own annual or semester renewal requirements (cumulative GPA or a minimum number of passing units) you must meet in order to continue receiving their assistance. If this information is not contained in your tribe's funding application or award letter contact them directly to ask about renewal requirements.

We will automatically review students who are both enrolled in summer units and have an official Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on record with the University of Arizona. For more information about this process, visit our Summer Financial Aid webpage.

Yes, passing GRO grades count for merit scholarship renewal requirements. For more information about the types of units that count for renewal, visit the Scholarship Terms and Conditions page. Select the year you were first offered your merit scholarship.

No, courses taken at another institution (also known as transfer credit) do not count for your scholarship renewal requirements. For more information about the types of units that count for renewal, visit the Scholarship Terms and Conditions page. Select the year you first received your merit scholarship.




  • umi404
  • Promise Love
    Promise Love
  • bucher bestseller
    bucher bestseller
  • info.tvactivatecode
  • Jefferson Rodrigues
    Jefferson Rodrigues
bottom of page